Thursday, October 14, 2021

Double cotton dishcloths

A change of pace from cards.

I love my dishcloths made from cotton, knitted or crochet, it doesn't matter to me. 
Here are a couple I have settled on after many years of making them for my family every Christmas. 

I like the chunkier cotton, which I haven't had any and I'm using up what I have in my stash. I don't even know where this particular yarn came from. I've doubled the yarn, and used a 4.00mm hook to have a tight fabric. It will stretch and loosen to be more pliable when used in the sink. I throw mine in the wash after a cheesey dish or every 3 to 4 days. So it's great to have at least 3 to wash and dry. 
The pattern is very simple. 
Chain a row to at least 15cm, in this case 26 chain, it doesn't matter really,  but seems to make a nice size square. 
First and every row, chain 2, and half double crochet to the end. Repeat, until piece is square or so. Easy peasy. 

You can make a border surround with single crochet,  but I'm not fussed with extras.

Sew in the ends and make many to gift.

Have a lovely day xx

Cheers Tamsin Adams of Tamsininamania 




No comments: